Dermafill Wrinkle Filler
Fills & Smooths
Eyeseryl - Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5
Puffiness & Under Eye-Bags
Haloxyl Peptide Complex
Dark Circle Treatment
Uplift Eye Cream
Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Under Eye Treatments
Under-eye discolorations can stem from childhood and may be a typical facial feature. However, they can also be a sign of aging skin and premature aging.
Skin discolorations tend to appear when the area is congested; they can also emerge from sun damage and get darker as we age.
The skin under the eye gets thinner as we age. As a result, thinning skin is a prevalent complaint. Thus, fading the look of discolorations in the delicate eye can take a while. In addition, thin skin may take longer to undo.
While there is no easy cure-all fix, you can minimize the dark circles' look and brighten the under-eye area.
How to Fade the Look of Dark Circles:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Eat a well-balanced diet so that you make sure you are getting the proper nutrition.
- Conceal with a light-reflecting or colored concealer. Pink or white works best.
- Use an eye cream with vitamins and anti-aging peptides to fade the area.
- Firm up the area at the same time you are treating the discoloration.
- Look for peptides that plump and lighten.
Look for an eye care product that includes:
- Melanostatine® 5
- Vitamin K
- EyeSeryl (if the dark area has puffiness)
- Vitamin C
- Kojic Acid
- Vitamin K
Tips for Dark Circles and Recipe
Make a homemade mask to improve the look of under-eye discolorations.
- 1 Teaspoon of tomato puree (tomato paste has a high concentration of lycopene, a beneficial antioxidant)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Vitamin E
- 1/4 Teaspoon lemon juice (a natural skin lightener)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of cucumber
Mix all ingredients well in a Vita-mix or with a hand blender.
Apply to the under-eye area for 5 to 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Solutions to Minimize the Look of Dark Circles
Getting plenty of rest can help minimize the appearance of dark circles. It is recommended to get between 8 and 9 hours of sleep nightly. Sleep allows the body time to regenerate.
A common reason for the appearance is congestion in the nasal passages, sometimes due to allergies. Poor drainage of blood in the veins can also be a cause. If you have seasonal allergies, taking medication can help reduce congestion.
If you are genetically predetermined to have prominent dark circles, significant improvement or removal may only be possible with surgery. But you can use concealer to brighten the area instantly.
Aging skin becomes thin and looks darker. Use eye-specific products that target thin lids with collagen-boosting peptides, skin-lightening peptides, and skin renewal.