DIY Recipes for Stocking Stuffers
8 Skincare Recipes for Stocking Stuffers
Are you a big fan of DIY projects? Millions of people are just like you – after all, it is part of why a site like Pinterest is so successful! However, finding formulas, instructions, and supplies for making DIY skincare products can be challenging.
Just imagine how delighted your friends and family members would be if their Christmas stocking included one or two homemade skincare products.
Now is the time to test your hand at whipping up some of the most valuable and valuable skincare products with the holidays rapidly approaching.
Spend some time experimenting with ingredients and take the time to secure only the best supplies.
Organic is the best way to go, as this ensures no contaminants or unwanted compounds are in your mixtures.
Our recipes below include products for men and women alike, and all DIY formulas are safe and effective for all skin types.
Don’t forget that you will want to find the proper containers, with airless bottles among the best options.
You can even look around for kits that can help you make many other DIY beauty and skincare products, with some ideal for gift-giving and stocking stuffers.
The DIY Formulas
One of the most “on trend” products helps men manage shaving and facial hair. If there is a beard wearer in your family, this balm keeps the hair in good condition, reducing its coarseness and giving it an appealing scent.
- 2 tbsp. beeswax
- 2 tbsp. shea butter
- 1 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. Jojoba seed oil - use cedar and vanilla essential oil, sandalwood essential oil, or other preferred scents for a woodsy scent.
Containers: Lip balm tubes, lip tins or pots, or even cardboard vessels for skincare products work well
- In a microwave-safe glass vessel, microwave all oils (except for the essential oils) for 30 seconds or until they melt completely.
- Stir well, and then add essential oils, stirring again.
- Pour into cardboard containers, lip balm tubes, lip tins, or lip pots.
Mint Chocolate Chip Lip Balm
Help friends and family members keep their lips as smooth and soft as possible. This safe and straightforward formula protects lips from winter’s blistering winds while sealing in moisture and ensuring kissable lips all season long!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp shea butter
- 1 tsp beeswax - grate for more straightforward incorporation
- 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 3-4 semisweet chocolate chips
- Containers: Lip balm tubes, lip tins, or pots
- In a microwave-safe glass vessel, microwave all oils (except the peppermint oil) for 30 seconds or completely melted.
- Add chocolate chips, and stir until well incorporated and melted.
- Add essential oils and mix.
- Pour into lip balm tubes, lip tins, or lip pots.
Melt-and-Pour Lip Balm
Want a super-easy lip balm you can make in 2 minutes?
Use a melt-and-pour base of lip balm. Microwave three teaspoons of the base. Then add 1-2 drops of peppermint oil. Pour into any lip balm container. Lid when cool. Viola!
Activated Charcoal Mask
Activated charcoal is a beautiful compound that brings a long list of benefits. First, it purifies and clarifies because it draws toxins with its negative electrical charge. Therefore, it is not able to be absorbed by the body.
This is why it is excellent for a mask that pulls toxins and contaminants from the skin and then washes them away with the mask’s other ingredients.
It is also known for helping acne-prone skin as it removes many harmful bacteria and excess oils.
- 1/2 teaspoon activated charcoal
- 1/2 tsp. bentonite clay
- 1/4 tsp evening primrose essential oil
- 1 tsp water
- The essential oil of choice – 1 to 2 drops
- Containers: Small mason jars or even sterilized baby food jars with tight-fitting lids
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Dispense into a glass jar or other container and give as a gift with instructions to use promptly OR leave out the water and provide “Instructions for Use” with the present.
Instructions for Use
- Mix all dry ingredients well, and then add water and essential oils.
- Apply to your freshly cleaned, damp face.
- Leave for up to 20 minutes or until dry (it should dry quickly).
- Rinse repeatedly to remove the mask, and then blot the skin dry with a towel.
- Continue skincare by cleansing and toning or applying serums.
Is there anything nicer than the gift of a good, long soak in hot and soothing waters? This amazing Pink Himalayan Bath Salt formula provides you with a way to give your family or friends the gifts of time, relaxation, and even a bit of healing. The salts and peppermint oils soothe the muscles and offer an incredibly rejuvenating experience.
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 3 tbsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 tbsp. cup baking soda
- 15 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- Mason jar with a tight-fitting lid
- 2 drops of red food color if desired (This can give your salts a “striped” look when you divide the batch in half, adding red to one. You can then layer the salts, pouring one plain and then one red in rows to create a “candy cane” effect)
- Be sure the Mason jar is clean and dry.
- Combine all of the other ingredients (except food color)
- Mix well and pour into the clean jar OR use the dye and layering method to create that candy-striped look, if desired.
- Seal well and give as a highly appreciated gift!
Peppermint Body Scrub
Christmas is a good time for anything peppermint scented, yet this oil is also an excellent aromatherapy option for its energizing and soothing qualities. This body scrub will leave anyone feeling invigorated, fresh, and in the holiday spirit!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Two drops of red food coloring, if desired
- 1 - 1/2 pint short canning jar mason jar short
- In the Mason jar, combine all of the ingredients.
- Tightly seal the lid and shake vigorously to blend well.
- Decorate or leave it “as is” and give it as a holiday gift.
- You can make variations on mint scents with the following steps:
- Mint latte (add five drops of peppermint and three drops of coffee fragrance oil)
- Holiday mint (add five drops of peppermint and three drops of vanilla fragrance oil)
- Hot cocoa peppermint (add five drops peppermint, 3 drops cocoa or chocolate fragrance oil)
With these simple formulas, you can get started making the most unforgettable and useful stocking stuffers ever!
About the Author
Kari Thomas wrote this article.