Honey and Milk Oatmeal Recipe
Homemade Face Mask Recipe
Honey and milk are both excellent products for your skin to hydrate and fight signs of aging! Follow the recipe below to create a custom anti-aging milk and honey face mask. Yogurt naturally contains Lactic Acid. Lactic Acid helps brighten up your complexion.
And if you want extra benefits, we suggest adding some oats to exfoliate dead skin and leave it looking brilliantly smooth.
Soothing Face Mask Ingredients
This recipe can benefit your skin in many ways. Milk contains lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate the skin and remove impurities.
Honey is a natural ingredient that tightens and firms the skin giving you a more youthful appearance with its anti-inflammatory properties.
Yogurt naturally contains lactic acid, assisting in exfoliating and brightening. Plus, it smoothes the skin and visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Calm, Tighten, and Exfoliate
Oats are an ingredient that helps calm, soothe, and moisturize the skin.
They are also high in beta-glucan, a tremendous natural anti-aging ingredient that encourages the production of individual cells that plump and smooth skin to visibly reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
This mask will leave you feeling fantastic with beautiful, younger-looking skin.
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Honey (We recommend using Vermont Soap’s Organic Honey Face Mask with lavender oil)
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Yogurt (We recommend Stoney-field Organic Yogurt)
- 1/8 Cup Oats
Directions: Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Grab a dollop of the mask and apply it to a clean face. You can also use a fan brush to apply. Let sit for up to 15 minutes, rinse with tepid water. Follow up with a moisturizer for extra hydration. For best results, use 1-3 times a week.
Variations: For added benefits, try one of these variations.
- Egg- Adding a raw egg to your mask will increase the tightening benefits. (Raw egg may not be an appropriate addition for some people. Do not use eggs in your treatment if you are uncomfortable with them being raw.)
- Mashed Banana- Bananas are a great source of Vitamin C. They are also rich in moisture and can help hydrate the skin.
- Essential Oils- Adding essential oils to your mask provides extra benefits and gives it aromatherapy soothing scents. Oils like lavender and chamomile are great for the skin; they are calming, help with skin imperfections like acne, wrinkles, and psoriasis, and help remove toxins.
- Lemon- Lemon is an ingredient used in skin care to reduce the appearance of large pores. Adding lemon to your mask will shrink pores and help remove surface impurities.
- Coconut Oil- Used for its hydration, coconut oil is a prevalent ingredient in homemade skincare. Including a bit of coconut oil in your mask will give your skin a dose of ultra-hydration, leaving your skin feeling super soft.