7 Natural DIY Beauty Treatments You Can Make With Fruit
DIY Beauty Scrubs, Masks, and Peel RecipesThere are so many ways to use fruit in skincare recipes. Here are a few amazing anti-aging benefits from natural ingredients.
Pomegranate Exfoliating Scrub
This DIY Pomegranate Exfoliating Scrub recipe helps remove dead skin cells for smooth, soft skin. Pomegranate is a natural antioxidant that is loaded with Vitamin C. In addition, the seeds contain high levels of anti-aging compounds.
Pomegranate Scrub Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Cup Uncooked Oatmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Turbinado Sugar
Mix the pomegranate seeds and uncooked oatmeal. You can use a glass bowl, a spatula, or a food processor. Then add in 2 Tablespoons honey and 2 Tablespoons buttermilk. Finally, stir in ¾ cup turbinado sugar. Apply the mixture to the face while massaging in an upward motion. Let sit for a few minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
Strawberry Face Mask
Strawberries are full of Vitamin C, which is a natural anti-aging compound. They also protect your skin from environmental stress. Of course, eating them helps your anti-aging efforts, but you can double the effect by trying this strawberry face mask to help fight free radicals, which can harm skin cells and break down collagen.
1 Cup of Strawberries or 1 Cup of Strawberry, Raspberry, and Blueberry Mix
1 Cup Yogurt, Vanilla, or Plain
1 1/2 Tablespoons Honey diluted in 8 ounces of water
- Blend the strawberries or strawberry mixture in a food processor. Berries may be fresh, or if it's winter, frozen will work too.
- Add 1 cup of yogurt. Stir.
- Then, pour in the Honey and water. Pulse until blended.
- Apply as a facial mask one to two times a week.
3) Yogurt Face Mask
Did you know that plain Greek yogurt is an excellent skin soother and purifier? Yogurt contains lactic acid. Lactic acid is an all-natural that helps slough off the outer layer of skin. It acts as a chemical peel and diminishes the look of discolorations, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, plus minimizes blemishes.
- Take 1 cup of Greek yogurt and blend it with 2 to 3 drops of almond oil. You can substitute olive oil if necessary. Add one tablespoon of Honey. Stir until combined.
- Apply the mixture to your face
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse and pat dry
4) Green Grape Fine Line and Crow's Feet Reducer
Grapeseed oil naturally contains acid that helps to exfoliate the skin's outer layer and minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Take a handful of grapes and squish them to obtain the juice
- Using a cotton ball, apply the grape juice to fine lines and crow's feet on your face
- After 5 to 10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water
- Repeat this 2-3 times per week for the best results
5) Mint Dark Eye Circle Banisher
Flavonoids work well to help your skin be healthy from environmental damage and free radicals. Mint helps to refresh the eye area.
- Chop & crush a sprig of fresh mint leaves.
- Apply the mint leaves mash directly to dark under-eye circles.
- Leave it on for 20 mins.
- Rinse off and pat dry.
6) Skin-revitalizing Citrus Face Peel
Navel oranges are a super source of AHAs & vitamin C- but did you know that this has been clinically proven to prevent wrinkles and fine lines? Yep, it's true! This peel works wonders because the egg yolk firms and moisturizes. In addition, they are a natural humectant; it pulls in moisture from its surrounding for added hydration. Finally, citrus juice is a natural exfoliant that sloughs off dead skin cells, encouraging new cell production.
- Thoroughly mix one egg yolk + 1 tsp honey + 1/8 cup of FRESH citrus juice (from lemon, lime, or orange) + 1 packet of plain gelatin.
- Apply to your face for 20-25 mins.
- Peel away.
7) Avocado Body Mask
Avocados are the holy grail of anti-aging. They have vitamins A, D, and E, plus proteins, lecithin, potassium, and beta-carotene. They are also high in emollient qualities that restore photoaged skin, scars and help to fade age spots.
- 2 Organic avocados mashed into a smooth paste
- 3 Tablespoons of Sea or Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup of raw Honey (melted if needed)
- The grated rind of two fresh organic lemons + their juice
- 1/4 Cup of organic coconut oil
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Apply to your skin for 10-15 mins.
- Scrub off thoroughly with warm water.
If you have leftovers, they will last in the fridge for 2-3 days.
5 Easy DIY Organic Face Mask Recipes You Can Make In A Jiffy
Why pay for chemical-filled, store-bought face masks when you can use every day, 100 percent organic ingredients quickly found around the house to come up with custom masks? Outlined below are a few super simple natural face mask recipes you might want to try:
1. Egg White Face Mask
Egg whites have incredible potential for toning and tightening your skin. In addition, it can work wonders for oily, greasy skin since it shrinks large skin pores, reducing extra sebum. Unfortunately, large facial skin pores are breeding grounds for bacteria responsible for bulbous cysts and zits. Lysozyme is another fantastic ingredient found in egg white that is potent in eradicating bacteria that cause acne. Here are four skin-beneficial nutrients found in egg whites:
- Potassium: It is famous for its moisturizing and hydrating properties. It preserves moisture in your skin cells.
- Protein: is chalked with essential amino acids that promote healthy, wrinkle-free, smooth skin.
- Magnesium: It is essential for youthful radiance. Magnesium slows down your skin's aging process.
- Riboflavin: It eliminates cell-damaging, toxic free radicals that form wrinkles.
Since ancient times, egg whites have been utilized in face masks, particularly in Asia, to achieve fine-looking, radiant skin. Here is a super simple pimple-fighting egg white face mask recipe:
- Egg white: From 1 egg
- Fresh lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Honey: ½ teaspoon
- Take a clean mixing bowl, add the egg white and whisk lightly. Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to the whisked egg and mix until it's frothy. (The lemon juice will eliminate the smelly odor of the egg.)
- Add a half teaspoon of Honey to the mixture and stir everything well for a minute or two.
- Splash your face with warm water before you apply the mask. (It will help to open your pores.)
- Place a thin layer of the mask mixture onto your skin with the aid of a cotton ball. Note: Always avoid sensitive areas around the eyes and mouth.
- Keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes until it completely dries.
- Use warm water to scrub it off your face. Then gently pat dry your skin with a towel.
2. Banana Facial Mask
If you are unfamiliar with bananas used in skincare, you will be surprised to know that they have many benefits.
Bananas can work miracles when it comes to your skin. First, it increases hydration levels with added moisture. Second, the potassium increases microcirculation to reduce under-eye bags, puffiness, and dark circles. Third, beta Carotene is a natural form of Vitamin A that is the most helpful antioxidant that repels free radicals, minimizing the aging process.
Adding a banana mask to your weekly skincare routine will result in softer, smoother, and younger-looking skin.
- 1 Banana
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice (used for its toning and astringent properties)
- 1 Teaspoon Honey (used for its antibacterial properties)
- In a food processor, pulse a peeled banana.
- Once the banana is mashed, add the lemon and Honey. Pulse until well mixed.
- Apply a thick mask layer to your face with a spatula or finger. Lemon juice is acidic. Avoid the eye and lip area. Omit lemon juice if you have sensitive skin.
- Let the banana mask sit for about 20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
- Lastly, rinse with cold water to close your facial pores.
3. Chocolate Face Mask
Chocolate has numerous cosmetic properties. Although we are regularly told about the adverse effects it can have on our health, chocolate can be beneficial for our skin if used right. It is known for:
- Fighting free radicals
- Serving as an excellent antioxidant
- Offering protection against aging
- Providing multiple nutrients to your skin
The cocoa in chocolate helps your skin to be thoroughly hydrated and smoothed. So if you love chocolate and have some to spare, why don't you try the following chocolate face mask recipe?
- Cocoa powder or Regular chocolate: 1 tablespoon
- Plain yogurt: 1 tablespoon
- Honey: 1 teaspoon
- Rice starch: 1 tablespoon (you can use white clay if you have sensitive skin)
- Take a bowl and put all the dry ingredients into it. Mix them well until a homogeneous mixture without lumps is formed.
- Add yogurt and Honey to the mixture and stir everything together until all the ingredients are entirely bent and reach a creamy consistency.
- Apply the paste all over your face.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes, and rinse it off with warm water.
4. Baking Soda Face Mask
The same baking soda that bloats our bread, freshens the fridge, and acts as a whitening agent in our toothpaste might also be used as an acne-fighting, oil-zipping face mask. Baking soda, an all-purpose powder that most people already have in their kitchens, can be a significant face mask ingredient that keeps your oil glands and acne calm. It just needs to be diluted and should not be used neat.
- Fresh Lemon: 1/2 a lemon (or Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon)
- Baking Soda: 1 or 2 tablespoons
- Honey: 1 teaspoon
- Take a small mixing bowl and add baking soda, Honey, and lemon juice.
- Mix everything until paste forms. If the mixture isn't thick enough, add a little more baking soda.
- Wash off your face with your regular cleanser to eliminate all the residual makeup, debris, and dirt. Then, Pat it dry with a soft towel.
- Apply the paste to your face and leave it for 5-15 minutes.
- Take a warm washcloth and gently wipe off your face mask.
- Then rinse with cold water. The cold water helps your pores close and look smaller.
- Optional: Moisturize your skin with coconut oil, and enjoy a smooth, shiny glow!
Avocado is an ideal source of iron, potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, copper, vitamins, etc. Here is a simple avocado face mask for your skin:
- Soft avocado: Half
- Hot water: 2 tablespoons
- Honey: 1 teaspoon
- Mash half an avocado in a mixer (or in a bowl using a fork if you don't have a blender).
- Add the Honey to the hot water and mix it well.
- Add the honey/water mixture to the mashed avocado and mix it until a smooth paste is created.
- Apply the mask with your fingers and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
One of my favorite things is creating custom fruit masks with organic fruits. Making custom skincare is so easy and fun to do. Whether you are looking for a face mask that provides moisture, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, or tightens up the jawline, making a homemade facial mask is so easy. After a few minutes in the kitchen, you will have a fantastic, all-natural mask made with organic fruit and great anti-aging ingredients.
If you love to make skincare and cosmetics at home, stop by the local Farmer's Market and buy local, organically grown fruit. You can also pick up organic produce at your local supermarket or Whole Foods. Or use ingredients from your garden.
Below we have a few sample recipes for you to try. But don't stop with our recipes. You can mix and match different fruits from our lists below to make a unique mask specific to your skin's needs. You can also use a base of one of Skin Perfection's Clay Masks, using two parts clay mask to 1 part Liquid. The possibilities are endless.
Directions to make a mask:
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Apply a thin layer of the face mask to your face and jawline. Leave on your skin for 10 to 20 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water. Any remaining mixture may be placed in the refrigerator for no longer than one week.
Summer Fruit Mask
- Two chunks of Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Ripe Papaya
- ½ Tsp. Honey
- ½ C Milk
- 2 Tbl. Yogurt
- ½ Tsp. Honey
- 2 Parts Clay Powder
- 1 Part Liquid
Mix and Match Ingredients. Use these ingredients for a custom formula and the specific needs of your complexion:
Skin Tightening & Firming
- Egg White or Whole Egg
- Lemon juice
- Brewer's Yeast
- Milk of Magnesia
- Olive Oil
- Egg Yolk
Anti-Aging/Reduce the Appearance of Wrinkles
- Egg White
- Borage Oil
- Seaweed: Algae, Kelp, Wakame, or any Seaweed
- Aloe Vera
- Rose Petals
Beneficial Juice or Liquid
- Wheat Grass
- Milk of Magnesia