Top Five Anti-Aging Fruits and Veggies
The Top 5 Anti-Aging Fruits for a Glowing Complexion
We all know that a healthy diet should incorporate lots of fresh fruits and veggies. But did you know that it likely already has all the anti-aging ingredients you need right in your fridge?
When it comes to anti-aging measures, you might believe that your best course of action is to buy all of those expensive drugstore anti-aging lotions, serums, and creams.
At the first sign of a wrinkle, it can be tempting to run out and clean out the shelves, trying just about anything to prevent more wrinkles from appearing and reduce the ones that already exist. Some women even resort to injections and surgeries to get rid of their lines.
Everyone knows that fruits and vegetables are good for your health, and they are in more ways than one! There are so many benefits to eating fruits and vegetables and living healthily. For example, fruits and vegetables can lower the chances of getting diseases and infections.
They help reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, etc. Fruits and vegetables are also an incredible source of essential nutrients. Many fresh fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and minerals our bodies need to function.
They are also excellent foods because they keep you full while keeping your calories low, making them perfect for eating when trying to lose weight. In addition, they contain fiber and make you feel full. The USDA suggests that we get 3-4 servings of vegetables per day and four fruit servings per day.
Meeting these recommended servings will help keep you in your best health. Overall, fruits and vegetables have so many advantages internally; we would be crazy not to eat them!
Skin Benefits from Fruits and Vegetables
Fruit and vegetables can do wonders for our health, but they can benefit our bodies in other ways. For example, fruits and vegetables can benefit your anti-aging skincare routine.
The vitamins and minerals of fruits and vegetables provide excellent heath and skin advantages! Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables keeps your skin looking healthy and bright. They can even help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of premature aging.
Fruits and vegetables can be used in your skincare, as well. They provide so many great benefits and are food for the skin. In addition, they can provide significant benefits when applied directly to the face: like a tomato mask. Tomato is high in lycopene.
You could also use a yogurt mask to brighten. Yogurt is high in lactic acid. In addition, many of our natural and organic skincare products contain different fruits and vegetables to keep you looking your best.
Check out our key ingredients page to learn what benefits other fruits and vegetables can provide in skincare.
Find out what products from Skin Perfection contain them!
Getting the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables is essential to your overall health and wellness. Getting your servings of various fruits and vegetables will often help you look and feel better from the inside out.
Try these top five anti-aging fruits and veggies; they are loaded with healthy antioxidants for a glowing complexion.
The Top 5 Anti-Aging Vegetables for a Glowing Complexion
Avocado * Broccoli * Tomato * Acai Berry * Sweet Potatoes
- Avocado –Besides being full of beneficial nutrients, avocado is a powerful humectant. Did you know that properly moisturizing your skin can do wonders for the skin? Not only does it help fight acne, oiliness, and dryness, it can prevent the appearance of lines and wrinkles. When the skin is adequately hydrated, it says volumes. Think about it like a water balloon—when it is full of moisture; it stays firm and plump. A lack of moisture and your skin looks dehydrated and wrinkled. Avocado is not only good for your skin eaten, but you can apply it to your face for a moisture boost. Its nutrient-rich and high content of moisture help your skin look radiant.
- Broccoli – Did you know that broccoli is one of the best vitamin C sources on the market? That's right; it's not citrus—it's broccoli. Getting plenty of vitamin C internally and on your skin is an excellent way to fight free radicals and keep your skin looking bright and youthful.
- Tomato – As another great source of antioxidants and nutrients that the skin desperately needs, the humble tomato is excellent for more than just making the ultimate BLT. It is also a great source of the kind of moisture the skin loves! Tomato is another ingredient that keeps your skin healthy when eaten and when applied topically.
- Acai Berry – From the Amazon, the Acai Berry is challenging to find at the local supermarket. Acai is a superfood packed with nutrients, moisture, and antioxidants to fight the signs of aging.
- Sweet Potatoes –Last but never least is the sweet potato. It packs a serious punch in antioxidants, improving premature aging and pollutants from making you look older than you are. The nutrients and moisture your skin needs to produce new layers, and stay looking healthy, make it a great anti-aging food.
The antioxidants in broccoli, sweet potatoes, acai berries, avocado, and tomato are beneficial for your complexion. So before spending thousands of dollars on expensive treatments, try utilizing a few of the top five anti-aging fruits and veggies for their anti-aging powers.
About the Author
Kari Thomas wrote this article.