When your skin starts to age, one of the first things you start to notice is wrinkles. Wrinkles are an unfortunate reality of getting older, but there are many steps you can take to prevent and reduce the look of wrinkles!
Some ingredients are specifically meant to target wrinkles to help smooth and fill in problem areas. Wrinkles are a reality, but they don’t have to be a problem.
Find an article about wrinkles and why we get them. When we get older, our collagen production slows. Collagen cross-links and gets less pliable. Causing wrinkles, the less collagen we have, the bigger the folds get.
There are many ways to support collagen production naturally. These ingredients help boost collagen stores by supporting collagen by giving them nutrients.
If you are starting to see a few lines and wrinkles crease your face, you are probably looking for ways to reduce their appearance and help new wrinkles from occurring.
You may be tempted to opt for those chemical-rich serums and creams they sell at the drug store, but before investing in those harsh treatments, consider a few ways to reduce your wrinkles naturally. These tips are great botox alternatives so that you can skip the wrinkle injections.
1. Antioxidants – Did you know that sun damage is one of the leading causes of premature aging? When we get too much sun, the rays speed up the oxidation process and create more free radicals in the skin.
As this occurs, lines, wrinkles, and age spots all appear and begin to take over the face. Regular use of a product that contains natural antioxidants (from fruits and vegetables) is an excellent way to prevent and reduce the impact of free radicals.
2. Foods with Omega-3s – Omega-3s have long been known as natural age fighters. Not only do they keep the mind sharp, but they also keep your complexion healthy so that it can defend itself against wrinkles. Opt for salmon, tuna, almonds, and sunflower seeds to get your daily allotment.
3. Minerals –Copper is beneficial for preserving and improving the skin's appearance, but plenty of minerals are essential to a healthy complexion.
The skin needs minerals to build the proteins that it uses to create just about every structure. So a steady flow of minerals will allow the skin to replenish itself readily, softening the look of wrinkles exacerbated by dead and dying skin cells.
4. Green Tea – Green tea is widely recognized as one of the world's best foods. Not only is it packed with antioxidants, but it is also great for moisturizing the skin, which is essential to looking young and vibrant.
5. Cosmeceuticals and Skin Actives – If you opt for creams and treatments, look for ones containing retinol, peptides, or alpha hydroxy acids.
These are all derived from natural sources and help strengthen skin, promote collagen health, and protect from environmental pollution. In addition, retinol is highly recommended by dermatologists and is the number one treatment for wrinkles.
Retinal is a mild form of retinol that is just as potent. Retinol products get the best results when used at night because they are photosensitive.
Alpha hydroxy acids are also great for wrinkles as they exfoliate the outer layer of skin and reveal healthier, glowing faces.
6. Prevention – The best offense is a good defense. To prevent premature signs of aging, make sure you never leave the house without wearing sunscreen. The rays can cause premature aging. In addition, UVA and UVB rays can affect our skin even from behind clouds, so be sure you are always protected!
7.Exfoliation - There is no faster way to brighten your complexion than to get rid of dull, drab skin. A deep cleanse with microdermabrasion will help reveal fresh, healthy skin.