Here are five easy skincare tips for men plus four everyday products that should be replaced with natural versions.
A man needs to look after his skin and the changing attitudes around this subject. This week we give men five easy to do skincare tips to incorporate into your daily routine:
- Use a moisturizer that's formulated for the face. Special note, try to find one that has a nano particle-free sunscreen included.
- Moisturize morning and night. This will help prevent cuts and irritation while shaving. It would be best if you looked out for moisturizers with naturally hydrating ingredients like vitamin E, calendula, and aloe vera.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week. If you are prone to ingrown hairs from shaving, then exfoliation will help prevent the problem by getting rid of dead skin cells that can block pores that cause ingrown hairs.
- Throw away your acne products and opt for an organic or all-natural alternative that isn't too harsh for your skin. Most acne treatments because they are too aggressive. They can dry out your skin leading it to produce more oil, which then leads to (you guessed it) more acne.
- Stop washing your face with soap. Soap has a very high pH level, which dries out your skin. Try getting a specially formulated facial cleanser instead. Following these easy steps will get you started on the right track to looking for your manly skin!
Guess what, men? You have skin too! And it needs to be looked after just as much as a woman's! Because it doesn't matter if you are a woman or a man, healthy skin is a fundamental part of looking great.
We all want to look great. Right! The fact is that a male's skin will benefit from cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing, and wearing sunscreen just as much as a woman's will.
The problem is that it's possible that most men still think that a bar of soap is all they need to clean their body and face. The chances are that not many men out there have a regular skincare routine, complete with products specially selected for their skin type.
"According to NPD's Men's Grooming Consumer Report, over 9 in 10 men (18+) use some sort of grooming product....However, only 1/4 of men currently use facial products...." Source
The good news, however, is that attitudes are changing. This is because the stigma attached to men who cared for their skin is disappearing. Men are taking better care of themselves.
Some facts about a man's skin:
- Because of testosterone, it's 25% thicker, and the texture is tougher compared to a woman's skin.
- You have higher collagen density in your skin than a woman.
- Because of the 2 points above, your skin ages slower than a woman's, this means you may not need to use an anti-aging product until later in life.
- Testosterone also causes your skin to be more oily (hence you're increased tendency to suffer from acne breakouts)
- You have larger pores, which may be prone to clogging.
- You have more ingrown hairs on your face due to regular shaving.
Why should men go all-natural and organic with your skincare?
Just like women and children, males are experiencing irritation from many mainstream male grooming brand products. Therefore turning to all-natural and organic skincare formulations make sense.
It is the next logical step that men would take to control what their bodies absorb through their skin. Organic and all-natural products mean little to no chemicals, which ultimately leads to healthier skin.
Did you know that switching to organic products will help you prevent Razor Burn?
Shaving can be irritating. But it may not be the blades. It can be a cause of the creams or tonics that men use while shaving. Because men's products contain cheap ingredients like benzaldehyde and propylene glycol, what these components do is force the hair to stand up, helping you achieve a 'better shave.'
The problem is that the resulting irritation and swelling can cause some of the hair follicles to clog. And voila! Ingrown Hairs! This is where swapping to organic and all-natural products comes to the forefront because they tend to be mild and won't irritate.
What are four everyday products that you are using that you can replace straight away?
- Shaving cream -A gentle organic or all-natural shaving cream can help you avoid the dryness and razor burn that often accompanies shaving.
- Deodorant -Men sweat. To combat these, traditional deodorants are packed full of active chemicals such as aluminum. Go organic and avoid Alzheimer's, brain disease, and possibly cancer.
- Face Wash - Ditch the SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), which could harm your fertility, and use something more natural like pure olive oil soap, an organic or all-natural face wash, or even plain water.
- After Shave - Regular aftershave has a host of dangerous ingredients (some mentioned above already). Try using something as simple as fresh aloe vera gel. It can soothe irritation, is cooling, and is 100% natural!
Men's anti-aging skincare routines. Does the idea of men and skincare sound Greek to you? Do you think that only women and metrosexual men should have an anti-aging skincare routine because a real man does not spend his time shaving his skin? If your answer is yes to these questions, you should immediately reconsider.
Men’s anti-aging skincare is essential for every man, but sadly, many males often ignore this basic fact. If you want to look like a “real man” when you are fifty or sixty, you should start when you are “just” twenty or thirty. Thus, Men’s anti-aging skincare is about keeping your skin young as long as possible.
Men’s anti-aging skincare is not that different from women’s. Just like women, men need a regular skincare routine. Here is how the basics look like:
- First of all, you need to clean your facial skin every day at least once. Twice is even better: once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Secondly, you should always use an aftershave to soothe your skin.
- If you notice, when looking in the mirror, that you have crow's feet and worry lines all over your eyes and front, try a day cream to counterbalance those negative symptoms. This will protect and moisturize your skin for the day.
- If you have to stay under the sun between 11 AM and 4 PM, do not forget to apply sunscreen on your skin. Sunscreen helps prevent cancer and protect your skin from the harmful beams and UV bands of the sun.
The products you use all have to be good, quality products. Otherwise, they do more harm than good. But we are ready to advise you concerning the items you need – you only have to contact us at Skin Perfection.
For a perfect Men’s anti-aging skincare routine, there are a few additional things that you should incorporate into your daily routine (just like women do!). The good news is that these things do not cost anything if you pay attention.
- Drink a lot of water. Water is essential even when you have to go out, drive, or travel. Grab a bottle of water, keep it close all day and sip it whenever you can. Dehydration is the number one enemy of your skin. Don’t let it win battles.
- Sleeping is essential for your skin (too). If you burn the candle at both ends, do not be surprised that you look older than you are.
- Do not smoke. That is if you want youthful skin that is not ruined by the effects of tobacco.
- Try to eat quality food, like vegetables and fruits. These food categories provide essential vitamins, fibers, and minerals that your skin needs, too.
During the last few decades, men’s magazines focused on clothes, cars, women, sex, workout, men’s health, and only occasionally on male beauty. For so long, Men’s anti-aging skincare has been a thing unheard of!
Women know all too well that a man’s beauty or hygiene habits might make or break a potential relationship: that might be the first thing she notices! So give yourself a chance and take care of yourself. You can find a full line of skincare products for Men at Skin Perfection.
If you want to look great when you are older, it's essential to make efforts now.
We’re here to help you create clean beauty products and get you looking younger. We’ve put together our best tips for making your own skincare products, finding the best anti-aging ingredients, plus in-depth videos and guides.
Learn more about our team here.