Certain things in life are inevitable. As the famous saying goes, death and taxes are the only things undeniable in life. Along with this comes the aging of our bodies and our skin. We just can't avoid getting older, but we can slow the aging process down.
There are many different ways that we as humans try to slow or prevent this again process, many of which have been proven to work, and others that are merely myths. Making the distinction between the two is essential and is precisely what we try and achieve at Skin Perfection. When we talk regarding being youthful in appearance, we almost always speak of the appearance of skin.
Skin that is smooth, firm, and good complexion is exactly what we look for in a young, healthy-looking complexion. So to look younger, you'll need to focus on your skin.
Anti-Aging Tips that Work like Magic
- Get the Right Amount of Sleep- Sleep is one of the most important things tied to our overall health. Getting the required amount of sleep every night will work wonders for not only your mood and attitude but your skin too.
- Eating Healthy- This is in the same vein as getting the right amount of sleep and affects more than just your skin. Eating healthy can increase your energy levels and helps to boost healthy skin. Get off the burgers and turn to some fruits and vegetables. This includes drinking the right amount of water. Water is a natural detoxifier and can help eliminate toxins that accumulate.
- Wear sunscreen, even when it's overcast and cloudy. UV rays damage your DNA. This causes premature aging, age spots, and sagging. The secret to youthful-looking skin is wearing sunscreen on your face, neck, and the back of the hands.
- Going with Anti Aging Products- Aside from getting more sleep and eating healthier, you can also go with anti-aging products that are designed to give you smoother, firmer, and more youthful-looking skin.
A build-up of these cells can also accentuate fine lines and wrinkles. An exfoliator can be as simple as adding baking soda to your cleanser or having a set of microdermabrasion treatments done at a medispa. No matter which type you choose, exfoliating is beneficial in revealing a healthy glow!
Have you ever stopped and thought about your skin and what it does? It is something most of us take for granted. It is the largest organ in our body and can span up to 21 square feet in length. It helps protect us and helps us control our body temperature.
It is full of tiny nerve endings that help us detect touch, coldness, warmness, and pain. It also helps our body make Vitamin D when it is exposed to sunlight. It has two primary layers, the outer and inner dermis. Make sure you give it the care and minimize the visible signs of aging.
Mature Complexion Tip:We get many women who begin to experience mature skin starting in their mid to late 50's. These women often complain of dry complexions, and no matter how much they moisturize, they still feel like the Arizona desert.
To combat dry, parched skin, drink 40 ounces of water daily, and take a supplement of Evening Primrose Oil at night. This has been clinically shown to improve your skin's moisture levels, improve the tone and texture, and increase elasticity.
Try an Anti-aging Supplement:Feeding your complexion from the inside out is a great way to minimize the visible signs of aging.
- Look for vitamins that include Evening Primrose or Borage Oil to help improve moisture levels and hydration.
- Vitamin C Ester, a fat-soluble form of vitamin C with more antioxidant protection.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid, a free radical scavenger that improves the skin's elasticity. DMAE for firmness.
- Co-Enzyme Q10 helps reduce premature wrinkles.
- Grape Seed Extract, Green Tea, and Omega 3.
Stopping the arrow of time is impossible, but that doesn't mean you have to look older than you have to. Get on board with these anti-aging tips and notice the difference today! Contact us today to find out more!