Facial Care Treatment for Jowls
Microcurrent facials are becoming known as the best way to get facelift level results in a non-surgical manner. They are not only simple and effective, but they are also painless. Tiny currents of energy lift and firm, making it one of the best facial care treatments for jowls. You can achieve instant and visible results without making your way to a dermatologist's office.
Microcurrent therapy is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that involves the use of low-level electrical currents to stimulate the muscles and tissues of the face and body. This technique has gained popularity due to its potential benefits for improving skin appearance and promoting overall well-being.
What is a Microcurrent Facial System?
The microcurrent facial system works by delivering a very low-level electrical current to the muscles just below the skin. This current is meant to mirror the body’s own natural electrical current.
The low-voltage stimulates collagen production and repairs the skin. Don’t let the words electrical current scare you! The current that runs through this facial system would have to amplify a million times even to light up a 40-watt light bulb.
This isn’t a new type of treatment. In fact, dermatologists and estheticians have been performing them for years, but the at-home versions have not gained popularity until fairly recently.
The same technology is used in the consumer versions. It is just put into a portable device that is more convenient. The facial toning that is produced by the system is like your face doing its own little workout.
Just like the muscles of a weightlifter, the cells in the face break down and grow back stronger after the microcurrent facial. According to skincare experts, the effects of the facial increase collagen production by up to 14%, elastin by up to 48%, and even the blood circulation can be improved by 38%.
Who Needs a Microcurrent Facial?
Anyone interested in improving the skin's appearance on their face and neck is a good candidate for a microcurrent facial. Also, those looking to do a little preventative treatment to combat the future looks of aging are right for a microcurrent facial.
They are effective on all types of skin in all different colors. Those who should avoid the microcurrent system suffer from heart conditions and those who are pregnant. If you have any severe skin allergies or skin that is extremely sensitive, you should discuss any new skincare regimen before proceeding.
Using the Microcurrent Facial System
A microcurrent facial system comprises a handheld double-pronged device that will deliver the electric current in a precise dosage to the skin. Using the handheld facial care system is fairly simple.
The steps to using a microcurrent facial system are outlined below, but you should thoroughly read and follow your particular system's steps as directed.
- Before beginning your microcurrent facial, you will want to thoroughly cleanse your face of all makeup, dirt, and oils. Use your favorite gentle facial cleanser and makeup remover.
- The next step is to apply the gel primer. Your microcurrent facial system will recommend the best gel primer to use with the system, and you should apply the gel liberally until the skin of the face appears wet. If you have enough gel, your fingers will easily glide over the skin without tugging or pulling.
- Now it is time to use your microcurrent device. Both prongs should be touching the skin at all times, and you should glide across the skin at a slow pace. Some systems will have a beep to indicate the amount of time for each glide. You should use light to medium pressure being careful not to press down too firmly. You should never see any bruising after using your system. It should feel similar to a facial massage.
- Once you have completed the microcurrent facial, you will want to rinse off the gel primer and then continue with your regular skincare routine.
Side Effects of LED Light Therapy
While you may feel a slight tingling during your microcurrent facial, there should be no other side effects. Those with sensitive skin may notice just a little bit of redness due to the manipulation, but that should fade rather quickly. There is no downtime required after a microcurrent facial system is used, and in fact, your face should look more youthful and full of glow after your treatment.
What Are the Benefits of a Microcurrent Facial
This facial stimulating treatment has many benefits, which are why it is becoming such a popular addition to the at-home skincare routine. After just a few treatments, you will begin to see amazing results.
You can expect your skin to:
- Look more toned
- Appear firmer
- Look more contoured
- Have more definition
- Appear lifted at the eyebrows and the jowls
- Have noticeably reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Have improved circulation
- Look more radiant
- Appear more youthful
- Facial Muscle Toning and Firming: Microcurrent stimulates the facial muscles, causing them to contract and relax. This repetitive motion helps to tone and lift the muscles, resulting in improved facial contour and firmness. Regular microcurrent treatments can help combat sagging skin, especially in areas prone to drooping, such as the cheeks, jowls, and eyebrows.
- Improved Skin Elasticity and Texture: Microcurrent therapy enhances collagen and elastin production, which are vital proteins responsible for maintaining skin elasticity and smoothness. Increased collagen and elastin levels lead to improved skin texture, reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and a more youthful complexion. Microcurrent also improves circulation, promoting better nutrient and oxygen delivery to the skin cells, resulting in a healthy, radiant appearance.
- Enhanced Absorption of Skincare Products: Microcurrent treatments can enhance the penetration and absorption of skincare products. The electrical currents create tiny channels in the skin, allowing active ingredients to penetrate deeper and more effectively. This means that the products you use in conjunction with microcurrent therapy can have enhanced benefits, delivering nutrients and hydration to the deeper layers of the skin.
- Reduction of Puffiness and Swelling: Microcurrent therapy can help reduce puffiness and swelling in the face by promoting lymphatic drainage. The electrical currents stimulate the lymphatic system, which aids in removing excess fluid and toxins from the tissues. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals with under-eye bags, water retention, or facial swelling.
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction: Microcurrent treatments provide a gentle, soothing massage-like sensation, promoting relaxation and stress reduction. The electrical currents stimulate the release of endorphins, which are natural feel-good hormones. This can have a positive impact on your overall well-being and contribute to a sense of relaxation and rejuvenation.
As you can see, there are so many benefits to getting a microcurrent facial treatment!
How Often Should You Use the Microcurrent Facial System?
The anti-aging benefits of the microcurrent system are accumulative, and for the best lifting and toning results, the treatment should be done at regular intervals. Like using weights to tone and strengthen the body, it is the repetition that really pushes the results.
While the actual intervals that are best for you may vary, and you should never do more treatments than are recommended by the microcurrent systems instructions or by your dermatologist’s advice.
In general, most estheticians recommend starting with two sessions per week for an initial period of six months to establish good facial muscle tone and achieve the desired youthful appearance. Once you have achieved your desired goal, you can maintain the muscle tone with weekly or biweekly treatments.
If you decide to quit using the system altogether, you can expect to see the normal aging process resume its progress.
Visible Firming Results
Using a microcurrent facial system will give you immediate, visible results. You will see a dramatic difference in your facial tone, and your cheekbones will appear more contoured. Many celebrities will use treatment before a big red carpet event, and brides enjoy getting a microcurrent facial before their wedding day so they can look their absolute best.
Investing in an at-home microcurrent facial system is one of the best ways to treat yourself and your skin!
We’re here to help you create clean beauty products and get you looking younger. We’ve put together our best tips for making your own skincare products, finding the best anti-aging ingredients, plus in-depth videos and guides.
Learn more about our team here.