Why You Should Exfoliate Your Skin
A woman’s skin takes a lot of wear and tear throughout the day. While we go through our busy schedules, our skin is clogged with oils, dirt, makeup, and dozens of other contaminants every day. When you combine these blockages, wear and tear, and the fact that at age 20, our skin regenerates itself every 20 days, but by age 30, it only regenerates itself every 28 days, we are doomed to build up a lot of dead skin cells that can cause wrinkles and clogged pores. Since this buildup is unavoidable, we must do something to counteract this and help our skin renew itself. Exfoliating is the key to reducing the harmful effects of blocked pores and natural wear and tear. Exfoliating is the process of using a gentle abrasive to clear away dead cells and other unwanted surfaces on the skin. Nothing gets your complexion glowing faster than using an exfoliator.
Benefits of Exfoliating your Face
- Improved texture- Imagine a rough piece of wood. Once you use sandpaper for sanding it down, it becomes much smoother. This is the same as your skin. Once you exfoliate, the dead skin will be cleared away, leaving you with much smoother and softer feeling skin that glows.
- Avoid breakouts- the clogging of pores typically causes acne and other skin breakouts. When oils and other contaminants clog pores, pimples can form over the top. Exfoliating will help clear these blockages and keep breakouts at bay.
- Vibrant skin tone- When your skin is filled with blocked pores, you will notice more of a dull skin tone. After exfoliating, your skin will look fresher, more lively, and much more vibrant. Use an exfoliator to help your skin shine.
- Skincare products will be more effective- If dead cells build up on your skin, your skincare products may not be able to penetrate to the surface and do their job. Clearing this wall with an exfoliator will allow your products to easily get to the surface of your skin and be much more efficient. Additionally, tanners will be more consistent and will take a better hold on your skin, and you will be able to get a much closer shave.
- Reduce signs of aging- As our skin’s ability to renew itself slows down, excess cells cause wrinkles, crow’s feet, and marionette lines. Exfoliating helps your complexion rejuvenate faster and more efficiently. This slows down the unwanted signs of aging.
Exfoliating has several significant benefits for our skin. Your skin will look, feel, and be much healthier if you frequently exfoliate. If you would like to learn more or have anything to add to our exfoliating benefits, contact us today! You can find our amazing exfoliators and other products by clicking on the link. Get your complexion glowing today with exfoliants!
About the Author
Written by Kari Thomas.