Algae, aka "firming seaweed," is extremely popular. This multi-purpose ingredient helps provide tautness for the face, plus it is also an absolute powerhouse of skin nutrition. Though it may seem rather strange to think about putting algae on your face, this stuff is bursting with beneficial nutrients. And it is a powerful skin-tightener!
The vitamins, minerals, amino acids, polysaccharides, and lipids (natural moisturizers) found in this ingredient are essential for healthy skin. While algae help tighten the cheek and jowl areas by stimulating circulation, it also activates collagen and elastin production by "feeding the face" with cellular nutrition.
Algae is one of the best superfoods available. Best of all, this amazing substance helps revitalize skin tone by promoting "extreme hydration."
It's no wonder that the skincare community is calling algae "the next big thing." Your newest and most effective skincare products are likely to be packed with them.
Don’t worry; it’s not just the green stuff that grows in your pond! Algae is harvested from the ocean, where it is naturally infused with nutrients. It is green, but it is also one of the best skin-tightening moisturizers on the market and is used in tightening and firming plus skin-lightening applications.
The Advantages and Skin Benefits of Algae
Algae's Moisturizing and acne-fighting properties go hand in hand. Excess oil on the skin and bacteria from our environment are the leading causes of acne. Before the bacteria on the face can do any harm, infecting a pore, it must first be clogged with oil.
- By improving the skin’s moisture retention, there will be less oil escaping through the pores and less chance for those pores to get clogged as a result. While some women will stop getting acne once they’ve left puberty, many of us still suffer later in life. The red marks and pimples get annoying. And middle-aged women will be grateful for the soothing power of algae to negate it.
- Moisturizing. Sometimes called just “seaweed,” studies surround algae have revealed that not only does algae moisturize the skin. It also helps to train your complexion to keep looking young by staying out of the sun. Avoiding overexposure to the sun can lead to clearer, healthier skin overall.
- Algae is absorbed into the skin and individual cells. It makes the cells more flexible and durable so that they do not release their moisture back onto the skin's surface. Instead, they hold onto it and use it to perform their essential functions. Algae tighten naturally and promote better skin elasticity, plus keeps the facelifted and looking firm.
- While not necessarily an effective sunscreen on its own, there is evidence suggesting that algae can help protect the skin from UV harm. It can provide the nutrients it needs to return existing damage caused by premature aging to its natural state.
- Algae require sunlight to live, which means that it has likely developed sophisticated characteristics to protect its structures from the sun's damaging power. Studies have shown that applying algae to your face before and after sun exposure could be beneficial and prolong premature aging and improve the overall look of skin.
How to Make a Face Mask with Algae
- Powdered Clay - choose your favorite clay. To learn more about the different kinds of clay and what they can do for your skin, read this article about facial clays.
- Algae - may be liquid or powder.
- Hydrosol - choose any hydrosol with beneficial properties for your skin type.
- Glass Bowl
- Mixer or wisk.
- 2 Tablespoons Clay Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Algae
- 1 Tablespoon Hydrosol
Add all ingredients into a mixing vessel. Blend until all ingredients are well incorporated, and the mixture is smooth. Apply to the skin and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse well with tepid water.
How to Make an Algae Face Serum to Tighten the Jowls
- Aloe Vera Gel Bulk Base
- Algae - We are using a 5% concentration Pepha Tight which contains algae (seaweed).
- Airless Bottle
Add all ingredients into a glass bowl. Blend for 60 seconds. Add mixture to airless bottle by pouring into a funnel. Use twice daily.
About Skin Perfection
We’re here to help you create clean beauty products and get you looking younger. We’ve put together our best tips for making your own skincare products, finding the best anti-aging ingredients, plus in-depth videos and guides.
Learn more about our team here.
Getting Started and Guides
Make sure to start with the right setup. Learn how to create your DIY skincare the right way. It'll make your life so much easier. Here's how:
The Best Peptides
We've used all of the best peptides out there. Some of them we love. Others we didn't. Learn from our experience on which anti-aging peptides work.
Need a ready-made solution? Check out our best-selling anti-aging products, including serums and moisturizers. We've got you.